Cookie Sale Payment Information
It is a Girl Scouts of the Green and White Mountains policy to accept money from a customer only at the time cookies are delivered. Girl Scouts do not take money from customers at the time of order-taking. The one exception is when a customer ONLY orders Gift of Caring Cookies, which will not be delivered to the customer.
7 standard varieties of cookies are $4.00 per package. Gluten-free cookie is $5.00 per package.
There are many reasons why using this method of payment makes sense for Girl Scout troops.
- Troops deposit full amount of cookies into their troop account, meaning their proceeds are immediately available. Only what is due council will be swept.
- Troops no longer have to be concerned with deposit tickets issued by the Council.
- Troops no longer have to enter tedious deposit transactions into eBudde.
How Much Money will the ACH Withdrawal Take out of our Troop Account?
The amount will never exceed the amount due the Council per eBudde, and will not include the troop proceeds.
- The first sweep will be $1.00 per package from initial orders.
- The second sweep will be an additional $1.00 per package from initial orders and any cookies picked up from the cupboard as of March 17, 2015.
- The third sweep will be the remaining balance due council. Your troop proceeds stay in your account.
When Will the ACH Transaction Occur?
Sweep 1: Friday, March 20, 2015 (Alerts Due in Bedford - Tuesday, March 17, 2015 by 1pm.)
Sweep 2: Friday, April 3, 2015 (Alerts Due in Bedford - Tuesday, March 31, 2015 by 1 pm.)
Sweep 3: Friday, April 24, 2015 (Alerts Due in Bedford - Tuesday, April 21, 2015 by 1pm.)
Alert Forms apply to one sweep only. Please re-submit alerts, if necessary, for subsequent sweeps (using dates above as your guide)
Insufficient funds and/or failure to submit an alert form in time will result in a $6 service charge from GSGWM (which is the fee from our bank). In addition, your bank will most likely charge a separate service fee. Please don’t hesitate to contact Dawn Sanborn, general ledger accountant, with questions or concerns.
What Happens if There is not enough Money in the Troop Account to Cover the Balance Due to the Council?
An Alert Form (available at the bottom of this page) must be submitted. Alert forms must be “in the hands” of the Bedford Accounting Office prior to the scheduled ACH as detailed above.
Note: Failure to comply with the submission of alerts on the above timetable will result in the ACH transaction taking an amount greater than the troop bank account balance; and troop accounts will incur an insufficient funds fee from their banking institution. Council will not be responsible for bank fees incurred by alerts not being submitted by the above deadlines.
How Does it Work?
- Girls are encouraged to only accept personal checks from customers they know. If checks are accepted, they should be made payable to Girl Scouts of the Green and White Mountains and make sure there is a phone number on the check.
- All proceeds from the Cookie Sale should be deposited into the TROOP bank account as soon as possible, and in time for the ACH withdrawals on March 20, April 3, and April 24.
- ACH transactions will automatically be made on said dates above. The troops will not need to do anything further to facilitate the transactions.
- The Council will post troop payments to eBudde after the successful transaction is complete.
Questions? Contact: Dawn Sanborn, firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-464-9686 x